Please take a moment to familiarize yourself with our privacy practices and let us know if you have any questions.
OUR COMMITMENT TO YOU
FENGYU hereby draws your attention to the fact that all the audio messages you sent and received from Mi walkie-talkie will not be recorded or reserved by the Mi PTT app.
WHAT INFORMATION IS COLLECTED AND HOW DO WE USE IT?
TYPES OF INFORMATION COLLECTED
In order to provide our services to you, we will ask you to provide personal information that is necessary to provide those services to you. If you do not provide your personal information, we may not be able to provide you with our products or services.
We may collect the following types of information (which may or may not be personal information):
- we will collect your account number & user ID to identify your account and provide services to you.
- Information you choose to submit to us when using certain service: such as your gender your feedback on this app (when you submit feedback, we collect your email address as well).
- Location information
- We collect your longitude, altitude, elevation, head portrait, user ID (including the portrait and user ID of friends sharing location with you) and your current channel for sending your location information to your co-channel users.
HOW THE PERSONAL INFORMATION IS USED
We may use your personal information for the following purposes:
- Identifying, marking user ID, replying questions and feedbacks from you. Recording the signing status of the agreements each and every time your account logs-in, and the time point that you join or exit the User Experience Improvement Program, so that we could conduct legitimate, proper process of your personal information based on righteous timeframe.
- Displaying different types of account picture according to gender of user when you choose to submit your gender information and location-sharing function is used.
- Sharing location data among co-channel your friend users.
- To use this function, you need to turn on the function in Settings of the app, before pressing the Location Sharing button on the main page, or press the PTT button on the walkie-talkie. You can send your location manually at minimum Thirty (30) seconds interval.
- Your location information will be sent via radio frequency, without transmission through our server, and will only be reserved in your app and on your walkie-talkie. We will neither record nor reserve any of your audio message, or any of your location information on our server during your usage of this product.
- For data reserved in the Android Mi PTT app, users can delete the data by clearing the cache of the app. For data reserved in an iOS Mi PTT app, users can uninstall the app to delete the record reserved in Mi PTT For data reserved in the walkie-talkie, users can erase the record by restarting the walkie-talkie.
- Providing, processing, maintaining, improving and developing our goods and/or services to you, including after-sales and customer support and for services on your device.
- Communicating with you about your device, service or any general queries, such as updates, customer inquiry support, information about our events, notices.
We may use your account number, user ID, phone number, and email address to provide marketing materials to you relating to goods and services of FENGYU companies and our business partners which offer network, mobile applications and cloud products and services. To provide better user experience, we may recommend above-mentioned products, services and activities based on information about your purchase history, website browsing history, birthday, age, gender, and location. We will only so use your personal data after we have obtained your consent or indication of no objection in accordance with local data protection laws, which may require separate explicit consent. You have the right to opt out of our proposed use of your personal data for direct marketing. If you no longer wish to receive certain types of email communication you may opt-out by following the unsubscribe link located at the bottom of each communication. We will not transfer your personal data to our business partners for use by our business partners in direct marketing.
COOKIES AND OTHER TECHNOLOGIES （only when browsing http://www.ifengyu.com）
- What information is collected and how do we use them? Technologies such as cookies, tags, and scripts are used by FENGYU and our Third Party Service Providers. These technologies are used in analyzing trends, administering the site, tracking users’ movements around the website and to gather demographic information about our user base as a whole. We may receive reports based on the use of these technologies by these companies on an individual as well as aggregated basis.
- Log Files: As true of most websites, we gather certain information and store it in log files. This information may include Internet protocol (IP) addresses, browser type, Internet service provider (ISP), referring/exit pages, operating system, date/time stamp, and/or clickstream data. We do not link this automatically collected data to other information we gather about you.
- Advertising: We partner with our Third Party Service Providers to either display advertising on our website or to manage our advertising on other sites. Our Third Party Service Provider may use technologies such as cookies to gather information about your activities on this site and other sites in order to provide you advertising based upon your browsing activities and interests. If you wish to not have this information used for the purpose of serving you interest-based ads, you may send request to email@example.com.
- Mobile Analytics: Within some of our mobile applications we use mobile analytics software to allow us to better understand the functionality of our Mobile Software on your phone. This software may record information such as how often you use the application, the events that occur within the application, aggregated usage, performance data, and where crashes occur within the application. We do not link the information we store within the analytics software to any personal information you submit within the mobile application.
- Local Storage – HTML5/Flash: We use Local Storage Objects (LSOs) such as HTML5 or Flash to store content and preferences. Third parties with whom we partner to provide certain features on our Sites or to display advertising based upon your web browsing activity also use HTML5 or Flash cookies to collect and store information. Various browsers may offer their own management tool for removing HTML5 LSOs.
WHO DO WE SHARE YOUR INFORMATION WITH?
We do not sell any personal information to third parties.
We may disclose your personal information on occasion to third parties (as described below) in order to provide the products or services that you have requested.
Disclosure may be made to Third Party Service Providers and affiliated companies listed in this section below. In each case described in this section, you can be assured that FENGYU will only share your personal information in accordance with your consent. You should know that when FENGYU shares your personal information with a Third Party Service Provider under any circumstance described in this section, FENGYU will contractually specify that the third party is subject to practices and obligations to comply with applicable local data protection laws. FENGYU will contractually ensure compliance by any Third Party Service Providers with the privacy standards that apply to them in your home jurisdiction.
SHARING WITH OUR GROUP AND THIRD PARTY SERVICE PROVIDERS
In order to conduct business operations smoothly in providing you with the full capabilities of our products and services, we may disclose your personal information from time to time to other FENGYU affiliated companies (in communications, social media, technology or cloud businesses), or our third party service providers which are our mailing houses, delivery service providers, telecommunications companies, data centers, data storage facilities, customer service providers, advertising and marketing service providers, and FENGYU’s representatives. Such Third Party Service Providers would be processing your personal information on FENGYU’s behalf or for one or more of the purposes listed above. If you no longer wish to allow us to share this information, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
SHARING WITH OUR GROUP’S ECOSYSTEM COMPANIES
Xiaomi works together with a cool group of companies, which together form the Mi Ecosystem. The Mi Ecosystem companies are independent entities, invested and incubated by Xiaomi, and are experts in their fields. FENGYU may disclose your personal data to the Xiaomi or other Mi Ecosystem companies so as to provide you with and improve the exciting products and services (both hardware and software) from the Mi Ecosystem. Some of these products and services will still be under the Xiaomi / Mijia / Mitu brands brand, while others may use their own brand. If FENGYU is involved in a merger, acquisition or asset sale of all or a portion of our assets, you will be notified via email and/or a prominent notice on our website, of any changes in ownership, uses of your personal information, and choices you may have regarding your personal information.
SHARING WITH OTHERS
FENGYU may disclose your personal information without further consent when required under applicable law.
INFORMATION NOT REQUIRING CONSENT
We may share anonymized information and statistics in aggregate form with third parties for business purposes, for example with advertisers on our website, we may share them trends about the general use of our services, such as the number of customers in certain demographic groups who purchased certain products or who carried out certain transactions.
For the avoidance of doubt, FENGYU may collect, use or disclose your personal information without your consent if it is and only to the extent it is allowed explicitly under local data protection laws. Such disclosure may be brought about by the necessity to protect our rights, ensure the safety of you and other people, and comply with the requirements of the local government to facilitate the investigations of illegal activities.
FENGYU’S SECURITY MEASURES
We are committed to ensuring that your personal information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorized access, disclosure or other similar risks, we have put in place reasonable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect from your using of FENGYU products and services and on FENGYU websites. We will use all reasonable efforts to safeguard your personal information.
For example, when you access your Mi Account, you can choose to use our two-step verification process for better security. When you send or receive data from your FENGYU device to our servers, we make sure they are encrypted using Secure Sockets Layer (“SSL”) and other algorithms.
All your personal information is stored on secure servers that are protected in controlled facilities. We classify your data based on importance and sensitivity, and ensure that your personal information has the highest security level. We make sure that our employees and Third Party Service Providers who access the information to help provide you with our products and services are subject to strict contractual confidentiality obligations and may be disciplined or terminated if they fail to meet such obligations. We have special access controls for cloud based data storage as well. All in all, we regularly review our information collection, storage and processing practices, including physical security measures, to guard against any unauthorized access and use.
We will take all practicable steps to safeguard your personal information. However, you should be aware that the use of the Internet is not entirely secure, and for this reason we cannot guarantee the security or integrity of any personal information which is transferred from you or to you via the Internet.
WHAT YOU CAN DO
- You can play your part in safeguarding your personal information by not disclosing your login password or account information to anybody unless such person is duly authorized by you. Whenever you log in as an account user on FENGYU websites, particularly on somebody else’s computer or on public Internet terminals, you should always log out at the end of your session.
- FENGYU cannot be held responsible for lapses in security caused by third party accesses to your personal information as a result of your failure to keep your personal information private. Notwithstanding the foregoing, you must notify us immediately if there is any unauthorized use of your account by any other Internet user or any other breach of security.
- Your assistance will help us protect the privacy of your personal information.
Personal information will be held for as long as it is necessary to fulfill the purpose for which it was collected, or as required or permitted by applicable laws. We shall cease to retain personal information, or remove the means by which the personal information can be associated with particular individuals, as soon as it is reasonable to assume that the purpose for which that personal information was collected is no longer being served by retention of the personal information, including the cases when the personal information is no longer required for resolving legal disputes, applying our Agreements, or achieving our business goals.
For clarity, we will only reserve the feedback and email address you submitted in the FEEDBACK module for Three (3) weeks after we replied your feedback, in case you will need to put up more queries and seek for answer. If you consider your queries are already closed, or need us to delete your submissions immediately, feel free to contact us by email: email@example.com. We will delete all the information you put forward completely after verifying your identification.
ACCESSING OTHER FEATURES ON YOUR DEVICE
Our applications may need access to certain features on your device such as Wi-Fi network status, as well as other features. This information is used to allow the applications to run on your device and allow you to interact with the applications. You may revoke your permissions at any time by turning these off at the device level or contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
YOU HAVE CONTROL OVER YOUR INFORMATION!
FENGYU recognizes that privacy concerns differ from person to person. Therefore, we provide examples of ways FENGYU makes available for you to choose to restrict the collection, use, disclosure or processing of your personal information and control your privacy settings:
- Toggle on/off for the User Experience Program and Location Access functions;
- Log in and out of the Accounts;
- Toggle on/off for other services and functionalities which deal with sensitive or personal information.
If you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for the abovementioned purposes, or close your account, you may change your mind at any time by writing or emailing us at email@example.com, we will delete your personal information as per your demand after verifying your identification.
ACCESS, UPDATING, CORRECTING OR ERASURE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
- You have the right to request access to and/or correction of any other personal information that we hold about you. When you update your personal information, you will be asked to verify your identity before we proceed with your request. Once we obtain sufficient information to accommodate your request for access to or correction of your personal information, we shall proceed to respond to your request within any timeframe set out under your applicable data protection laws.
- We normally provide such services for free but reserve the right to charge a reasonable fee for your data access request.
- If you would like to request access to your personal data held by us or if you believe any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete or if you believe any information we are holding on you is inappropriate or excessive, please write to or email us as soon as possible at the email address below. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- For details relating to the personal information in your Mi Account, you may also access and change them at http://account.mi.com or by logging into your account on your device.
WITHDRAWAL OF CONSENT
- You may withdraw your consent for the collection, use and/or disclosure of your personal information in our possession or control by submitting a request. This may be done by sending emails to email@example.com. We will process your request within a reasonable time from when the request was made, and thereafter not collect, use and/or disclose your personal information as per your request.
- Please recognize that your withdrawal of consent could result in certain legal consequences. Depending on the extent of your withdrawal of consent for us to process your personal information, it may mean that you will not be able to enjoy Mi PTT software and services.
TRANSFER OF PERSONAL INFORMATION OUTSIDE OF YOUR JURISDICTION
To the extent that we may need to transfer personal information outside of your jurisdiction, whether to our affiliated companies (which are in the communications, social media, technology and cloud businesses) or Third Party Service Providers, we shall do so in accordance with the applicable laws. In particular, we will ensure that all transfers will be in accordance with requirements under your applicable local data protection laws by putting in place appropriate safeguards.
We consider it the responsibility of parents to monitor their children’s use of our products and services. Nevertheless, it is our policy not to require personal information from minors or offer to send any promotional materials to persons in that category.
FENGYU does not seek or intend to seek to receive any personal information from minors. Should a parent or guardian have reasons to believe that a minor has provided FENGYU with personal information without their prior consent, please contact us to ensure that the personal information is removed and the minor unsubscribes from any of the applicable FENGYU services.
ORDER OF PRECEDENCE
DO I HAVE TO AGREE TO ANY THIRD PARTY TERMS AND CONDITIONS?
Depending on your jurisdiction, you may be able to log in to our APP using sign-on services such as Facebook Connect or an Open ID provider. These services will authenticate your identity, provide you the option to share certain personal information (such as your name and email address) with us, and to pre-populate our sign up form. Services like Facebook Connect give you the option to post information about your activities on this website to your profile page to share with others within your network.
Xi’an FENGYU Information Technology Co., Ltd.
A-505 room, SSTRC
No. 10, Zhangba 5th Road,
Yanta District, Xi’an, Shaanxi